Wednesday, April 15, 2009

work is grand

there is a stark difference as an intern and as an actual employee. there are the most obvious examples - salary, benefits and having a position that won't expire after 12 weeks simply because that is the length of the internship.

and it recently dawned on me that this job is my first. i have had summer jobs, but THIS job is the first one where i am doing exactly what i have trained to do for four years. this is my first job doing what i love.

so yes, there is a huge contrast between intern and employee. i am asked my opinion. i am trusted. people in the office assume i know what i am doing. and most of all, i am put to work doing actual work that is actually beneficial to the company.

i want to know how many times i will write "actual" or some form of it during this post.

i love my job. i love doing what i do, and it is only the third day. rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment