Wednesday, September 1, 2010

over the hill

i am now officially over the hill. at least, in my 20s. which ain't no thaaaaang.

now that that is out of my system...

i had a great birthday full of wonderful friends and laughter. mary decorated my door and it was pure love. and she managed to find the coolest glassware around. i also treated myself with my birthday money to a few fancy purchases of the burberry kind. if you know me, you know i love burberry. j'adore burberry more specifically. so i feel pretty, oh so pretty. i am hoping to enact a burberry night where mary and i drink to our prepsterness and lounge in our burberry attire. the ladies who lunch have a few new members and a possible alcohol problem.

work is getting busy. busier. so i need to work on "my organizational skills" which is a direct quote from my boss. and i mean, i understand i am not super organized at all times, but i have my own way of doing things and it makes sense to me. it just annoys me that he assumes i am going to rethink my entire way of business skills because he wants things done a certain way. in all my life, it's a two way street. so i find it annoying because i find myself unproductive, constantly stepping around things, wondering if i should do that or not do that. i think it also stems from the fact my boss needs constant attention. and even today, i was talking to someone and he pulls me into his office only to ask what the person wanted. it was bizarre. bizarre i tell you. biiiiiizzzzzzaaaaaaare.

on a completely different note, i have noticed my midsection is starting to resemble a bagel. which stems from me eating A LOT of bagels. so i am going on a little diet (very little, like i won't always have the last bite) and starting to run again (run, like 1 mile at a time. let's not get fancy.) i would think with the stress of my job and the stress of being awesome at all times would make me lose weight like that, but no. it takes work. and if it is because i just became a man of a certain age, my body and i are going to have some words.

i am going to watch the little mermaid with the rooms. honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment